New CDL Class A? No Driving Experience? No Problem!
Join a team whose service level is unparalleled. Celebrating over 75 years in the food and ingredient distribution industry, Lentz Milling Company has mastered a consistent transactional experience through its company leadership. At Lentz, we build connections through quality bakery products and food ingredients distributed from our headquarters in Berks County, Pennsylvania and beyond, across more than ten states spanning the East Coast. We believe that our Associates are the key to this success.
As the Company is growing, we are searching for CDL Licensed Drivers with less than two years driving experience to join our Driver Team. The Driver Trainee will receive on-the-job training in preparation for future Local Driver and Regional Driver job placement within the Company. Lentz Milling Company Driver Trainee Position highlights:
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Eligible for Overtime
- Home Every Night and Home Every Weekend
- Generous Teamster Benefits Package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401(k)
- Paid Holidays/Vacations
The Driver Trainee will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Drive trucks for periods of time up to the maximum time allowed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. (Hours of Service) Also, must be able to comply with all applicable Federal, State, Local Laws, and Company policies.
- Be able to load and unload trucks, which will require the lifting of items weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Be trained and certified to operate motorized mobile equipment to assist in the loading or unloading of product.
- Be able to climb in and out of trucks or trailers as often as required to complete the day’s work assignment.
- Be able to unload and deliver product where our customer is requesting the product to be delivered.
- The Driver Trainee must be courteous and helpful on the delivery of our products and maintain a good relationship with our customers.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Valid Class A CDL
- At least 21 years of age
- Acceptable MVR
- Ability to lift frequently up to 50 lbs; occasional lifting up to 100 lbs.
To apply, please download a CDL application and submit through our website, drop off at our office or email to email@example.com.
Lentz Milling Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.